Anyone else sick of the cold weather yet? I know there are a few of you who are already enjoying the warmer climates...but here in good ole New England, Mother Nature is still laughing wickedly at us. She's blowing her cold winds and colder temps like it's her job. Ok...maybe it *is* her job, but I'd much rather finally see gorgeous blooms and blossoms, wouldn't you? Well, if you're in my boat, you've got to go look at KPTography's Etsy Shop: KPTography. Kori has THE MOST GORGEOUS photo cards of blossoms and flowers! I just love flowers, and her shop is filled with handmade notecards and postcards, all featuring her very own photos of gorgeous flowers and adorable animals. Her cards are a perfect pick-me-up for these cold spring days. They're ideal to send to make someone smile, or just to put in a frame and enjoy! Here's more about Kori and her shop:
1. What is your favorite item in your shop? All of my photographs have a memory for me but my favorite item has to be my purple pansies with dew postcard. It was the first picture I took with my new camera. It was also Mr. Fabric's first trip to Asheville. He went down with me when I was interviewing for a summer internship.
2. Did you have an "A-HA" moment where you knew you wanted to open an Etsy Shop?There really wasn't an A-Ha moment for me. My very talented mother (FabricGreetings) talked me into it. She loved my cards and then I started giving my cards away as presents. This was just the next step.
3. When did you fall in love with photography?I fell in love with photography about 7 years ago at the same time I fell in love with the Biltmore Estate. I started out with a Kodak point and shoot camera and I was trying to capture the beauty of the estate and the surrounding area. I knew that I would never be able to capture the beauty of the area in words. Since then my love for both have grown. I have since traded in the Kodak for a Cannon Rebel. My favorite time of the day to take pictures is first thing in the morning when the flowers are covered with dew.
4. Tell me some fun things about yourself...I am an avid fan of changing my hair color. My favorite was when I had blue highlights in my hair for my Vegas vacation. I can tell what the weather is going to be like by how big my hair gets (sadly when I called Fabric for some help with this it took us 10 minutes to come up with this one fact). I love cows so much that I stopped eating beef almost 20 years ago. I have a rather large cow collection and I would have a whole herd of them if I had the space for them. I have a very extensive Harry Potter collection everything from the collectors books to a life-size Dobby sculpture in my media center. My goal is to collect the first book in every language it has been published in.I love brussell sprouts but I believe that peas are the root of all evil :-)
5. Besides your Etsy shop, where else can we find you?On some Sunday's you can find me having a bagel with Fabric and Mr. Fabric.
There you have it...beautiful photographs, amazing talent, Harry Potter and bagels...it doesn't get any better than that!! Check out Kori's shop..I guarantee you'll feel warm and springy..just want everyone needs right about now!